Reflexology is a non-intrusive complementary therapy that involves massage and application of pressure to specific reflex areas of the feet. The feet are considered to be a map of the body with zones that mirror the bodies vital organs and structure.
Reflexology has been practiced for over 5000 years and was only introduced into the western world approximately 100 years ago. Reflexology is increasingly being recognised within the clinical arena as a complementary therapy, in particular with palliative care patients and those patients who are unable to manage and control pain both in the hospital and home setting.
Here at Serenity Station through stimulation, applied pressure and massage of these reflex points and zone areas on the feet we can help to both relax and rebalance the body.
There are many health benefits of reflexology including:
- Improves circulation
- Decreases anxiety, tension and stress
- Boosts energy levels
- Helps to eliminate toxins
- Enhances emotional well-being
- Improves quality of sleep
- Supports many physical ailments such as: digestive issues and back pain, menstrual irregularities and arthritis.