Pregnancy Massage is an amazing experience for mothers to help alleviate common aches, pains and everyday stresses that pregnancy can have on the body such as lower back pain, sciatica, hip pain, general tension, water retention, fatigue, heartburn, gastric reflux and constipation.
Throughout pregnancy, a mother's body is continually changing from morning sickness, general tiredness to increasing levels of oestrogen and relaxin, reduction in density of connective tissue, cartilage and ligaments - all of which create an increase in both mobility and flexibility in joints.
Many new mothers work right up to the final weeks of pregnancy and do not give themselves time to prepare emotionally and physically for motherhood. Here at Serenity Station we offer both pre (in the second and third trimester) and postnatal massage and will support you both physically and emotionally working together with your midwife and GP. Clients are also welcome to bring partners during the latter stages of pregnancy so we can demonstrate some massage techniques to proactively support mothers at home and during the birth. We allow extra time for pregnancy massage to ensure that clients do not feel rushed or pressured in any way.
The benefits of massage during pregnancy are countless and can include the following:
- Promotes relaxation and improves sleep
- Reduces fluid retention (oedema) in later stages of pregnancy
- Reduces leg cramps due to muscle fatigue
- Increases mother confidence in her own body
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Relieves sciatica and sacro-iliac pain
- Alleviates back, neck and shoulder pain
- Boosts circulation
- Aids digestive process
- Effectively reduces the likelihood of postnatal depression
- Improves mothers confidence in her own body's ability
- Allows mother some "me" time and bonding time with baby
Our experienced Complementary Therapies Practitioner is fully qualified with an FHT Diploma in pregnancy massage and will perform an effective pregnancy massage safely nurturing mother and baby naturally using Neal's Yard Remedies organic products to produce personalised aromatherapy blends.